Pages

September 21, 2014

My Flash Friday Entry #3


I haven't participated in Flash! Friday hosted by Rebekah Postupak for a long time, but I'm feeling like taking on the challenge. So Friday night, I did, and at the last minute, too, lol. Click on the link above to find out the rules and how you can participate, too.

Below are the links to the last two times I've participated (over a year ago, yikes!):


God flash fiction is extremely difficult, and I think this is exactly what I need to work on that will strengthen my writing.

For this week, we had to do the following:

  • Use the below photo
  • Incorporate a marriage proposal into our piece
  • Word count between 140-160


Here's the photo prompt:


Krak des Chevaliers/Qalat al-Hosn, Syria. CC photo by Jon Martin 


~ My Piece (Untitled) ~

Contemplative in the silence, I knew this moment of peacefulness wouldn’t last long. I wondered when she’d come bursting in with guns blazing. I gazed out the balcony door, grasping the last moments of sanity before everything blew to hell.


The door burst open, vengeance rolling in waves from this woman I loved. I sat up, the box safely tucked away in my pocket, knowing I might not need it after all.


“How could you, Robert?” Her words hung in the air, stabbing me like a knife.


I sighed. “Vic, your life would have been in danger. Now we know - we’re both assassins. What are we going to do about it?”


“You should have told me there was a hit out on me!”


“I never would have gone through with it.” Down on one knee, I opened the velvet box. “And this is why...I love you. Would you do me the honor of becoming my partner in crime?”

* * * * * * * * * *

What do you think? Constructive criticism is always appreciated. :) Do you think you'd like to participate in Flash! Fridays, too? Let me know! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and make my day awesome! :D This is an award-free zone - thanks for your consideration though!