Pages

January 22, 2015

HEY! I Wanna Get Better! ~ When Life's Kicking Your Butt, How About a Theme Song? #3


So it's January, a new year, a fresh start, and it's time for a kick ass song to start things off right! This meme was created and hosted by Robyn from robgirlbooks

I'm picking two - it was a complete tossup between them, and they both get me pumped for different reasons. You'll see what I mean. ;) 



I like dancing all crazy to this song much to my children's chagrin. They really can't say they don't have a fun mom, they just can't, right?

This song is like my anthem for this year - I really do just wanna get better. No more anxiety, no more depression. Sounds great, right??  




The first time I heard this song, my husband and I were in my sister's car while she was driving, and we said, "What the hell is this? Is this music?" Eventually, because it's so catchy, it became stuck in my head. I watched the video, and I was hooked on the tune. 

My husband and I are working out together and eating less and healthier, so I'm hoping to get down to a size 12 like Meghan Trainor reportedly is. I did it before, and I felt great! I think we can do it. 

A lot of people think this song is skinny-shaming, but I don't think it is at all. If you pay attention to the lyrics, you'll see that she's talking about plastic surgery and the unhealthy images the media throws at us all the time. It's just a fun song, so those people need to calm their skinny asses down, lololol. ;D

What are/would be your choices?  

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I freaking love the songs you chose! I never heard the first one and I cracked up at the patients. Abortion dog. I want to write that dialogue. And you are so right about Trainor's song. There's no hating going on at all! You can totally get down to a 12! The holidays got me on a terrible chocolate habit, but I'm getting there.

    Oh, your kids have a totally fun mom. Come on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The abortion dog stood out to us, too. We cracked up cause it just sounds like something that would be on that show 'It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.' Have you seen that show? It's too funny! PLUS I got to see Bleachers at ACL!! :D

      Even Brady said he thinks Trainor's song is skinny-shaming, but my sister pointed out that when she says, "I'm bringing booty back
      Go ahead and tell them skinny bitches Hey
      No, I'm just playing I know you think you're fat,
      But I'm here to tell you that,
      Every inch of you is perfect from the bottom to the top."

      She's telling the "skinny bitches" they think they're fat, too, but they're perfect the way they are. So how is that skinny-shaming? That seemed to get him on our side. :)

      Haha, I wish! ;) xx

      Delete

Leave a comment and make my day awesome! :D This is an award-free zone - thanks for your consideration though!