Pages

February 3, 2012

Review ~ The Hunger Games (#1) by Suzanne Collins


February 3, 2012



Title: The Hunger Games
Series: The Hunger Games #1

Author: Suzanne Collins
Published: September 14, 2008 
Source: Purchased

Purchase: Amazon | B&N


My Rating:  

 





 


This book is just the beginning of a series I fell in love with. I know I shouldn't judge books by their covers, but I saw this at Barnes & Noble a long time ago. It was sitting out on a table, and I thought it was some sort of crime/mystery novel! I laugh now thinking about my mistake. :) I couldn't have been more wrong! My friend Jill was with me, and she let me know what it was about. I knew then I just had to read it!

I knew I was going to own it and not even bother borrowing it from the library. I had heard so many great things and figured I'll read it over and over again. After reading it, I know I'll definitely read it again in the future!

I was impressed with the way the story was told. I really enjoyed learning about the characters but was so saddened and mortified by the way they have to live. You'd have to be really strong, not just physically, to endure a life of hardship such as they do. It's so hard to imagine a world like that, where basically kids are going to fight to the death. That's pretty extreme; however, I really like dystopian novels such as this one. I like reading novels with plots and themes out of the ordinary. This isn't your average romance or mystery novel.

I highly recommend this book. I'm working on getting my sister to read it once she's finished with the book she's currently reading. And I cannot wait until the movie comes out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and make my day awesome! :D This is an award-free zone - thanks for your consideration though!