Pages

March 29, 2013

Feature & Follow Friday #6

featurefollow

I'm so excited to finally be joining Feature and Follow Friday!! This is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read where they each feature a fellow blogger and ask a question which can be answered by participating bloggers. If you aren't already following the two hosting bloggers, please visit their blogs to follow them, the bloggers they're featuring, and enter your own blog in the linky. Hop around to other blogs - find new blogs to follow and gain some new followers as well. :D

Q: Tell us about the most emotional scene you've ever read in a book - and how did you react?

 This is easy for me to answer - Rue's death in The Hunger Games. I really thought she'd make it longer than she did. She was so young and so little...that was really difficult to read. And yet it was beautiful at the same time, when Katniss places the flowers around her and makes the signal to the cameras that Rue's family in her district see on the screens. Yeah, I cried for a long time over her death.

What scene has had a powerful effect on you?

15 comments:

  1. The Hunger Games. In this series I was emotional too, but mostly the part about Katniss and her hard life. Although Rue's death was pretty sad too.
    Old follower.
    Here is my FF http://between-my-lines.blogspot.gr/2013/03/feature-and-follow-7-emotional-scenes.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there was definitely a lot of sadness in that trilogy. Rue's death just really struck me. So young and horrific that it was for entertainment. *sigh*

      Thanks so much for stopping by. :D Heading over to say hey to you. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, yes. Rue's death had me bawling my eyes out. And the flowers! I remember my oldest asking me what was wrong. I told him my book was wrong! It was beautiful. Old follower here. Here's my FF.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh I know! Everything about it was just heart breaking. Seeing it onscreen too was so sad - I had to work hard not to cry in the theater! My daughter was so sad. I think it affected her more than any other part of the trilogy. Thanks for stopping by - on my way to say hi, too. :D

      Delete
  3. I saw the film but still have not read the book but it still was a sad scene!

    New follower :)
    http://myloveforfilmsandnovels.blogspot.com/2013/03/feature-follow-19.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very sad! Do you think you'll eventually read the books? They're really good. :D

      Thanks so much for following! Hopping over to you! :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for following, Jennifer. Followed back!

    I haven't read Hunger Games yet, but that scene is touching. I hate it when the young characters die!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good book!
    New GFC follower @ Coffee and Characters
    Go to www.daniellecromero.blogspot.com to see my FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Danielle! I visited you, too. Following you by bloglovin' now. :D

      Delete
  6. Rue's death made me so sad too, because she tried so hard to help Katniss when that obviously isn't how the Hunger Games are played. Thanks for the FF love/follow, following back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Courtney! She did try, and Katniss gave her such a beautiful and moving tribute when she died. Wow, that was so powerful. Thank you for following back! :D

      Delete
  7. Rue's death was a toughie to read. I think I cried during that part.
    Kristin @ Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kept hoping somehow she'd make it, but it was not to be. Thanks for stopping by! :D

      Delete
  8. Oh gosh, yes. That was so painful. I was definitely tearing up at that one! That entire series was so emotionally charged. Great pick! And I really love your blog! The colors are awesome!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The whole series was completely emotional. Suzanne Collins can write and tear my heart out. Thank you - I love the cheerful colors. Thank you for following back! :D

      Delete

Leave a comment and make my day awesome! :D This is an award-free zone - thanks for your consideration though!