Welcome to the Coral & Bone Blog Tour hosted by Xpresso Book Tours! Click here to follow along with the full tour schedule!
Title: Coral & Bone
Author: Tiffany Daune
Publication date: July 7th 2014
Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal
Source: Copy for review
Halen knows the sparks igniting under her fingertips are dangerous. She has spent her entire life trying to quell the tingly feelings that make her destroy things, but now that she is back in Rockaway Beach, where she watched her father drown, the flames have become impossible to tame.
Halen is trying to hold on, but when she is thrust into a mysterious new world, the underwater realm of Elosia, she unravels the secrets of her past and can't help but ignite. As she explores Elosia, she realizes her life has been a lie. And when those who have deceived her come to her for help, Halen must choose - walk away or unleash the magick that could destroy them all.
I went through the full range of emotions while reading Coral & Bone, and instead of writing this review like I normally do with several paragraphs, I'd like to instead take you through those emotions and the thoughts I had while feeling different ways. First I'll give a little background so you can have some context for later on. And I'm sorrynotsorry for the many all caps you'll encounter. ;)
My favorite Disney movie growing up was The Little Mermaid. Had I ever imagined mermaids with razor sharp teeth and nails that can deliver a lethal dose of venom straight into your veins, I would have seriously rethought my wish to become one. In this book, mermaids are like demons straight from hell. Think Weeping Angels with fins, fellow Whovians. That's how I pictured them.
Halen has been lied to for her entire life, and when she finds this out, everything comes crashing down around her. And then all hell breaks loose.
- Adoration - Just look at that cover! I could lovingly gaze at it all day, and doesn't the cover model remind you of Milla Jovovich?
- Surprise - Elosia is much more than I thought it was going to be. Much more than an underwater realm, more than just mermaids, and more secrets coming out than a teenager's diary.
- Curiosity - How did Halen's mom and dad meet? And what's up with Daspar and Tage? How do they fit into the picture?
- Frustration - I wish they'd answer her questions instead of either ignoring her or telling her they'll answer them soon. I think she's gone long enough without knowing the truth. Take five seconds and fill her in!! XD
- Anger - How could people who are supposed to love her deceive her on such a deep level? And behave towards her in such a way? She doesn't deserve any of this.
- Shock - Full-out, unbridled OH MY GOD NO THEY DIDN'T!
- Sadness - Is it really almost over???
- Elation - Reading a book this fantastic is utterly blissful!
I write stories about magick, love and dark creatures lurking in the shadows. When I'm not lost in Edit Land you can find me reading a book from my towering TBR pile or at the movie theater nibbling licorice. I don't have a lucky number, but my favorite time is 11:11. I completely believe that the fortunes found inside cookies will come true and that you must be careful when wishing on stars. I live on an island, so if you want to visit you'll need a boat, and if you want to survive the passage, be sure to bring candy for the mermaids.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Blog Tour organized by:
Blog Tour organized by: