Pages

February 13, 2014

Valentine's Mini Book Blogger Challenge Day 4 ~ Love Triangles

Valentine’s Book Blogging Challenge

Five day romance fest hosted by Parajunkee

Love Triangles - The ones that worked for you. The ones that didn't. 

This wasn't a hardcore love triangle, but the one between Katniss, Peeta, and Gale was one that worked for me. I wanted her with Gale badly, but I liked Peeta, too. Usually there's one side I'm definitively on, but this was not one of those times. It was a tossup for me. I was happy with her choice yet disappointed at the same time, which to me is the sign of a well done triangle - when you can't decide who to root for. That's a real triangle. 

While I hated BREAKING DAWN, I did quite enjoy TWILIGHT, and it was another love triangle that was difficult for me to untangle. I loved Edward in TWILIGHT but hated him in NEW MOON. I was okay with Jacob in TWILIGHT and loved him in NEW MOON. Then ECLIPSE came along, and I was torn again. Ultimately, I went for Edward, and pretty much all of us know that's who Bella ends up choosing. ;D

Hmmm...one that didn't work for me. I don't have one I can think of in particular. It's actually kind of hard to think about anything right at this moment with my son asking me what he should nickname his Pokemon cards. (I'm writing this at 5pm, not 3am, lol). 

It bothers me that SO many love triangles are between one girl and two guys. I'd love to see more between one guy and two girls, three girls, or three guys. I'm kind of over the girl and two guys triangle. 

How about you? What do you like about love triangles and what do you get annoyed with? 

2 comments:

  1. I'm not so torn about The Hunger Games love triangle being a toss up. There's only one person that could have understood Katniss in the end and the one she picked is the only one who could have understood her. I'm not on either team really. I just think when all is said and done, the choice that was made, while it didn't make everyone happy, made sense to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see where you're coming from. Gale wouldn't have understood, that's probably true. I wasn't hardcore on one team or another because this trilogy was about way more than a love triangle. :)

      Delete

Leave a comment and make my day awesome! :D This is an award-free zone - thanks for your consideration though!